Utilizes the Cyclo Reducer mechanism Compact gearmotor with high shock resistance
- Utilizes our unique Cyclo Reducer mechanism for durability and long product life.
- Allows for smooth, rolling contact with no teeth breakage, resulting in high-shock resistance.
- Unlike general gearmotors, the concentric shaft direction of both the motor and output shafts result in a compact flange.
|Output Shaft Direction
|Flange Mount, Foot Mount
|Number of Sizes
|12 sizes (output stage)
|3 - 1003
|40 W - 3.7 kW
|Three Phase, Premium Efficiency, High Efficiency,For Inverter, Single Phase, Outdoor, Waterproof, Increased Safety Explosion Proof, Overseas Standards
Key Product Facts
Altax Neo is a small-sized gearmotor that utilizes the Cyclo Reducer mechanism.
The Cyclo Speed Reducer features an ingenious mechanism that uses a cycloid disc with a unique smooth curve (epitrochoidal parallel curve), different from involute-tooth gear. This, combined with its unique circular tooth profile for the internal gear, allows for smooth rotating contact without tooth breakage, resulting in high shock resistance.
It also achieves a high reduction ratio with fewer reduction stages, resulting in high efficiency while simultaneously achieving a high reduction ratio.
I don’t like the turnbuckle torque arms and sometimes have reversing applications they don’t work well for, do you have another option?
Yes, we have 6 different torque arm options to make your installation easy.
What if I need to change the backstop rotation?
No problem, your Sumitomo rep can assist with that, we can instruct you how, or you can send it to us to do.
Can I adjust the speed with a direct drive like I can with a belt drive?
Not by changing a sheave size since that component is eliminated, but there are things to consider…
- How often are you really changing the speed?
- The flexibility of changing a sheave size also puts your system at risk. Are you overspeeding beyond the reducer's capabilities? Are you slowing down too much and causing the backstop spragues to drag and wear?
If you are utilizing a VFD, that can control your speed.
- If you find out you truly need to change your speed, our BBB is the only direct drive on the market that has a Cyclo cartridge that could be changed to change your overall speed eliminating the need for a whole new reducer. Work with your Sumitomo rep to consider this.
My motor is a footed motor on my belt drive system, do I have to get a new motor for the direct drive?
No, you can order a c-face transition kit from your motor manufacturer and turn a footed motor into a c-face motor very easily. We have other options we can provide if you absolutely can not replace or change your motor to a c-facemotor.
I don’t have a very long shaft, can I still replace a belt drive with a direct drive?
Yes, if our standard Taper Grip Bushing requires more shaft than you have, we have a new Taper Grip Bushing option that needs an average of ½ the shaft length. When we size up the reducer you need, we can tell you how much shaft length you need for both options.
What should be some features or upgrades I should consider for the Aggregate, Sand and Cement industries?
Taconite Seals, Severe Duty or Desiccant Breather