Compact gearmotor with parallel or right angle shaft configuration.
- Available in either parallel or right angle shaft configurations.
- The motor and gear head are detachable for easier handling.
- The gear heads have the same main mating dimensions (corner dimensions / output shaft location and dimensions / mounting holes) for both parallel and right angle shafts.
|Output Shaft||Hollow shaft, Solid shaft|
|Output Shaft Direction(s)||Any Mounting Direction|
|Mounting Style||Shaft Mount, Flange Mount|
Parallel Shaft, 5 Sizes
Right Angle Shaft, 3 Sizes
Parallel Shaft, 3:1 - 200:1
Right Angle Shaft, 5:1 - 240:1
Parallel Shaft, 6 W - 90 W
Right Angle Shaft, 25 W - 90 W
|Motor Types||Three phase, single phase, single phase speed control, compatible with global standards|
The solid shaft / flange mount type has left and right output shaft directions, which allows you to install without changing the design of your machine.
I don’t like the turnbuckle torque arms and sometimes have reversing applications they don’t work well for, do you have another option?
Yes, we have 6 different torque arm options to make your installation easy.
What if I need to change the backstop rotation?
No problem, your Sumitomo rep can assist with that, we can instruct you how, or you can send it to us to do.
Can I adjust the speed with a direct drive like I can with a belt drive?
Not by changing a sheave size since that component is eliminated, but there are things to consider…
- How often are you really changing the speed?
- The flexibility of changing a sheave size also puts your system at risk. Are you overspeeding beyond the reducer's capabilities? Are you slowing down too much and causing the backstop spragues to drag and wear?
If you are utilizing a VFD, that can control your speed.
- If you find out you truly need to change your speed, our BBB is the only direct drive on the market that has a Cyclo cartridge that could be changed to change your overall speed eliminating the need for a whole new reducer. Work with your Sumitomo rep to consider this.
My motor is a footed motor on my belt drive system, do I have to get a new motor for the direct drive?
No, you can order a c-face transition kit from your motor manufacturer and turn a footed motor into a c-face motor very easily. We have other options we can provide if you absolutely can not replace or change your motor to a c-facemotor.
I don’t have a very long shaft, can I still replace a belt drive with a direct drive?
Yes, if our standard Taper Grip Bushing requires more shaft than you have, we have a new Taper Grip Bushing option that needs an average of ½ the shaft length. When we size up the reducer you need, we can tell you how much shaft length you need for both options.
What should be some features or upgrades I should consider for the Aggregate, Sand and Cement industries?
Taconite Seals, Severe Duty or Desiccant Breather