Fortress® Stainless Steel
Stainless steel offers resistance to the most caustic environments and the unique contour design reduces the build-up of bacteria in those hard to reach areas
With Sumitomo’s all new Fortress gearbox, never worry about paint again.
- Smooth contoured housing
- 304SS stainless steel housing
- All steel internal gearing
- Hypoidal gearing technology
- IP69K Rated
- Maintenance free grease lubricated for life
|HP Rating||1/2 HP to 2 HP(1.5 kW)|
|Output Diameter||3/4in to 1-7/16in (Solid Shaft)|
|Torque||Up to 1,970 Ib•n (223 N•m)|
|Ratio Range Specs||7:1 up to 60:1|
|Mounting||Keyed Hollow Bore, B5 Flange, Foot-Mount and Solid Shaft|
|Options||Torque Arm, Drilled and tapped holes in base and face, Casett Seals|
I don’t like the turnbuckle torque arms and sometimes have reversing applications they don’t work well for, do you have another option?
Yes, we have 6 different torque arm options to make your installation easy.
What if I need to change the backstop rotation?
No problem, your Sumitomo rep can assist with that, we can instruct you how, or you can send it to us to do.
Can I adjust the speed with a direct drive like I can with a belt drive?
Not by changing a sheave size since that component is eliminated, but there are things to consider…
- How often are you really changing the speed?
- The flexibility of changing a sheave size also puts your system at risk. Are you overspeeding beyond the reducer's capabilities? Are you slowing down too much and causing the backstop spragues to drag and wear?
If you are utilizing a VFD, that can control your speed.
- If you find out you truly need to change your speed, our BBB is the only direct drive on the market that has a Cyclo cartridge that could be changed to change your overall speed eliminating the need for a whole new reducer. Work with your Sumitomo rep to consider this.
I don’t have a very long shaft, can I still replace a belt drive with a direct drive?
Yes, if our standard Taper Grip Bushing requires more shaft than you have, we have a new Taper Grip Bushing option that needs an average of ½ the shaft length. When we size up the reducer you need, we can tell you how much shaft length you need for both options.
What should be some features or upgrades I should consider for the Aggregate, Sand and Cement industries?
Taconite Seals, Severe Duty or Desiccant Breather
Need a More In-Depth Look?
Open up our Interactive Brochures to take a deeper look at the products you need.