Bevel Buddybox® H-Series Gearmotor
Compact right angle shaft gearmotor with a low reduction ratio and keyed hollow bore
- High speed operation at 3600 rpm input speed is possible, helping to accelerate your machines.
- Designed for a compact and highly efficient gearmotor solution
|Output Shaft||Hollow Shaft|
|Output Shaft Direction(s)||Any Mounting Direction|
|Mounting Style||Hollow shaft / Shaft mounting type|
|Frame Size||4 sizes|
|Reduction Ratio||5:1 - 20:1|
|Capacity||3 to 15HP (2.2 kW - 11 kW)|
|Motor Types||Premium efficiency, for inverters, outdoors, compatible with global standards|
I don’t like the turnbuckle torque arms and sometimes have reversing applications they don’t work well for, do you have another option?
Yes, we have 6 different torque arm options to make your installation easy.
What if I need to change the backstop rotation?
No problem, your Sumitomo rep can assist with that, we can instruct you how, or you can send it to us to do.
I have a problem with backstops failing regularly and I need a solution for that.
The BBB has a different design once again when it comes to the backstop.
- Our backstop is at the high-speed shaft achieving lift off easily and not creating drag and wear on the spragues
- Our backstop being at the high-speed shaft sees the least amount of torque. The combination of the backstop ratings being higher, and seeing less torque, results in a long life
- Our backstop is maintenance-free (no lubrication maintenance) and is sealed off from the reducer protecting the reducer from the backstop and the backstop from the reducer. There is no unified lubrication system between the two.
Can I adjust the speed with a direct drive like I can with a belt drive?
Not by changing a sheave size since that component is eliminated, but there are things to consider…
- How often are you really changing the speed?
- The flexibility of changing a sheave size also puts your system at risk. Are you overspeeding beyond the reducer's capabilities? Are you slowing down too much and causing the backstop spragues to drag and wear?
If you are utilizing a VFD, that can control your speed.
- If you find out you truly need to change your speed, our BBB is the only direct drive on the market that has a Cyclo cartridge that could be changed to change your overall speed eliminating the need for a whole new reducer. Work with your Sumitomo rep to consider this.
My motor is a footed motor on my belt drive system, do I have to get a new motor for the direct drive?
No, you can order a c-face transition kit from your motor manufacturer and turn a footed motor into a c-face motor very easily. We have other options we can provide if you absolutely can not replace or change your motor to a c-facemotor.
My belts are my weak spot, what is the weak spot in a direct drive?
Our BBB (for typically 50hp and under depending on ratio) is designed for momentary high shock load – higher than any direct drive in the industry through utilizing our Cyclo technology. Another safeguard that can be put in place include the following:
- BBB’s are designed and sized where the motor would amp out before any damage would be done to the reducer
- Can adjust the motor heater for additional safety measures if desired
- A torque limiting or shear coupling could be used within the c-face adaptor as an additional safety measure if desired
I don’t have a very long shaft, can I still replace a belt drive with a direct drive?
Yes, if our standard Taper Grip Bushing requires more shaft than you have, we have a new Taper Grip Bushing option that needs an average of ½ the shaft length. When we size up the reducer you need, we can tell you how much shaft length you need for both options.
What should be some features or upgrades I should consider for the Aggregate, Sand and Cement industries?
Taconite Seals, Severe Duty or Desiccant Breather